Great links from TedX Oxbridge 2015 – http://www.tedxoxbridge.com
Talks & Transcripts
Thank you all for making TEDxOxbridge 2015 a huge success. Share the experience with your friends by pointing them to the talks and transcripts.
All of the videos from TEDxOxbridge are available here.
- Alan Keeso, 1+1 MBA student at Saïd Business School, University of Oxford
Alan suggests that if we hope to recapture nature’s intrinsic value to rescue society and the planet, our best chance is in working with technology rather than against it. Watch Alan’s talk here and download the talk transcript here.
- Alex Bellini, Adventurer, Professional Speaker, Mental Coach and Author
Alex speaks about dreaming big and making dreams a reality by having motivation triumph excuses. Whilst he acknowledges the role of extrinsic motivation, he emphasises the rarity and sheer power of intrinsic motivation that make the journey worthwhile. Watch Alex’s talk here and download the talk transcript here.
- Cheryl Grise, Global Advisory Strategy Leader at EY
- Constance McDermott, James Martin Senior Fellow in Forest Governance, University of Oxford
Constance explains the importance of paying attention to where materials are sourced from and the overall impact it can have on the supply chain. Watch Connie’s talk here and download the talk transcript here.
- Indy Johar, Co-Founder 00 and Young Foundation Senior Innovation Associate
Social Innovation increasingly features on the policy agenda, yet few think about the oblique nature of solutions. Indy speaks about the nature of change and the role of social capital. Watch Indy’s talk here and download the talk transcript here.
- Jennie Winhall, Social Innovator and Service Design Strategist
How do we bring about change to help those in need, while still taking into account their needs and emotions? Jennie speaks about how the current system repeatedly fails those under its care and how we are in need of exemplars. Watch Jennie’s talk here and download the talk transcript here.
- Marc Ventresca, Strategy and Innovation Faculty at Saïd Business School, University of Oxford
Marc speaks about the role of infrastructure in transforming Ideas to Impact. He explores how big spaces of the world become organised and then reflects on how infrastructure can be thought of in new ways. Watch Marc’s talk here and download the talk transcript here.
- Margaret Heffernan, Entrepreneur, Chief Executive and Author
Margaret explains that success is about more than just IQ, success lies in collaboration. She emphasises that what happens between people matters. Watch Margaret’s talk here and download the talk transcript here.
- Mihkel Jäätma, Chief Executive Officer of Realeyes
Mihkel describes how emotion measurement technology enables us to bring in an essential human element to all this data – making those decisions better, and fairer for everyone. Watch Mihkel’s talk here and download the talk transcript here.
- Nicholas Davies, Senior Director, Head of Society and Innovation, World Economic Forum
- Paolo Quattrone, Chair in Accounting Governance & Social Innovation, University of Edinburgh
How do we learn from our past to rethink the future of governance? Paolo takes us back in history and shows examples in the non-corporate spaces to solve one of today’s most challenging and intellectually stimulating management problems. Watch Paulo’s talk here and download the talk transcript here.
- Patricia Nuttall, Professor of Arbovirology, University of Oxford
- Peter Atkins, Author and Former Professor of Chemistry at the University of Oxford
Peter presents a scientific vision of corruption and explains how corruption drives the universe. An interesting take on the second law of Thermodynamics. Watch Peter’s talk here; download the talk transcript here and download the Spanish version of the transcript here.
- Peter Tatchell, Human Rights and Political Campaigner
Peter shares some speculative ideas on the subject. He delivers a very interesting view on sexuality and where society might be heading in terms of evolution of human culture pertaining to the acceptance of LGBT people. Watch Peter’s talk here and download the talk transcript here.
- Richard Heaslip, Head of EMEA Renewals, Google for Work
- Other Videos