Lots of learning today, so I’m quickly putting up some of the things I’ve been looking at, mainly for my own future reference. I’m not putting full explanations of where the links came from or why they interest me – but I am adding the odd bit of context.
Someone sent me a link to a free online course Why We Post: the Anthropology of Social Media
- (Fifth and last week, but still time to join, so I did, and spent a couple of hours catching up with some of the materials – great to see people looking at the “people” side of things instead of the platforms – ties in with our ICT4D “three legged stool” idea.)
- Helmut Leitner had responded to my comment on his Academia post on Working with Patterns: An Introduction and had given me additional links to look at – A Bird’s-Eye View on Pattern Research and his book “Pattern Theory” which makes an easy read for intellectuals, following the main ideas of Alexander, how it all developed, and how it connects to many other contemporary viewpoints that people may hold (e. g. Permaculture, or cybernetics).
- (I read some, but want to read more, and want to connect his links to mentions of Helmut’s Pattern Language work by Victor Vorski in T4S – the Teal for Startups working group – and also to the interest in Pattern Language in Dadamac – see comments in Conversation with Elfneh Bariso of www.aheadcharity.org)
- Via William Charlton – Theodore Taptiklis has started http://humanmethodslab.org/ which seems to be at least in the direction we are looking.
- (I need to read this more to see if I want to join).
- Also via William Charlton On organisations https://medium.com/…/don-t-start-an-organisation…
- Also via William Charlton Charles Davies has some words of warning too. And encouragement-ish https://medium.com/how…/the-importanceof-what-520ce7c1ea40
- (Excellent posts – The one on Why Your Purpose is a What not a Why by Charles Davies is very relevant to getting clear thinking within Dadamac – and useful to share internally before we start to consider our roles for the shift to Holacracy – see current situation on Dadamac and Holacracy in Alice asked for Holacracy information at Dadamac mini-meetup)
- By Tom Nixon –Resolving the awkward paradox in Frederic Laloux’s Reinventing Organisations
- (Ties in well with our reference to Teal as a “behaviour” during the last T4S wealth hangout)
- There was a call for papers for the Kaleidoscope 2016: ICTs for a Sustainable World – It is the eighth in a series of peer-reviewed academic conferences organized by ITU to bring together a wide range of views from universities, industry and research institutions. The aim of the Kaleidoscope conferences is to identify emerging developments in information and communication technologies (ICTs) and, in particular, areas in need of international standards to aid the healthy development of the Information Society.
- (I try not to waste time looking at academic conferences because there is seldom any ‘way in’ for non-academic practitioners to share information about what is really happening on the ground, but now and again I do look, as I did this time.)